Björn Egner is adjunct professor and chair of the research group “Methodology in Political Science and Philosophy of Science” at the Institute of Political Science.
He graduated in political science, history and sociology and received his doctoral degree for a book about notions of German mayors. His habilitation thesis identified determinants of public expenditure on the state level in federations.
His research focus is located in public policy (especially housing policy) and local politics.
- Coordinator of the Political Science study programmes
- ERASMUS coordinator for Political Science
- Member of the examinations and admissions commissions for BA, JBA, LaG/MEd Politics & Economy, MA Governance, Magister
- Member of the Faculty Council
- Member of the Standing Committee on Studies of the Faculty
- Member of the Budgetary Committee of the Faculty